Just made these egg muffins with sautéed onions and broccoli and shredded raw cheese (plus salt and pepper) for kids' lunch tomorrow! SO easy!! These make for incredibly nutritious and super delicious additions to lunches and dinners, and as super snacks!! I love making them on my Sunday Prep-Day so that they are ready for the week ahead.
Easy Egg Muffins
* 1 tbsp Kerrygold grassfed butter or coconut oil
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup chopped broccoli (feel free to use other veggies, like asparagus, cauliflower, spinach)
* 6 large eggs
* 1/2 cup shredded raw milk cheese
* Feel free to add bacon bits (nitrate and nitrite free) or other chopped meat
* Salt and Pepper, and any other herbs and spices, to taste
* Heat oven to 350 F
* Line 6-7 muffin slots with large parchment baking cups (I like these from Paper Chef)
* Saute onions in butter on low-medium heat for appx 5 minutes, until translucent.
* Add broccoli and continue sauteeing, mixing well with onions, for another 2-3 minutes.
Take pan off heat and allow veggies to cool
* In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper (and other herbs and spices). Add the cooled vegetables and grated cheese and mix everything well.
* Divide mixture among parchment-lined muffin cups.
* Bake for 20 minutes. Check for doneness by sticking a toothpick through middle of egg muffin. It should come out dry.
Feel free to play with different add-ins and flavors!